Thursday, February 5, 2009

Nick & Norah's Infinite Playlist

One of the final two films I missed in 2008. I actually wanted to see this one but just never got around to it. I like Cera even if he tends to play the same character.

I really enjoyed this movie. To be fair it's nothing special or great but it's cute and charming and just kind of fun. A lot more entertaining than every rom com from 2008 and any from 2009 thus far. The plot is simple. A guy gets his heart broken but continues to send her mix tapes. She just throws them away and her rival friend person finds them and loves them. Due to odd circumstances they end up meeting at a party, pretending to be bf/gf and then shenanigans begin.

Like I said, it's nothing special but very enjoyable for what it is. The music is decent, the jokes feel natural enough and it moves at a very nice pace.

Movie - 3/5

No comments: