Friday, April 25, 2008

Smart People

Smart People looked like an awesome film. Ellen page is my new goddess and I knew of her before Juno, thank you very much.

Sadly, Smart People is just an annoying film that tries to redeem itself with its ending of happiness and joy while rest of the film was you watching sad and pathetic people attempt to live and the problem that I had was that these people weren't smart (and I'm geuss that is the point in the end) but they were more pretentious than anything else.

The film constantly uses "big words" and other stupid crap to try and make you think these people are smart but instead it alienates most of the viewing audeince. It should come to no surprise that I was the lone person in the theater and there's a reason the film has eben out for weeks and hasn't seen the light of day on the pirate sites.

I have to give this film a pass all around and just say that you should save your money and not see it. it reminds me of the mess that was that Oscar nominated film a few years back about the wine country and other crap. I can't even remember the name which is slightly annoying but I think it started with an "S".

entertainment value - 1/5

Movie - 1/5

No comments: