Monday, June 2, 2008

Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull

I love Indiana Jones. It's one of my favorite series out there and to speak of the joy I had watching this movie just wouldn't do it justice. Perhaps my hopes were high, maybe it was because I had gone to L.A> on vacation and see it opening day there or perhaps it's just that good of a movie.

I make no sense and I realize this. The point is that the film will either be the be all of summer flicks for 2008 or a let down. You're going to fall into one or the other.

Some have found the film a tad too over the top but I found it highly entertaining all the way through and I was able to think outside the box and accept the campyness of the monkey scene. Which is honestly the only part of the film that made me question what they were thinking.

With a run time of two hours I found the film to fly by, it's funny and full of action and it really reminded me of the fun I had last year watching Tranformers.

Indiana Jones fans owe it to themselves to see this film and anyone else should see it as well. You may be let down but really, it's because you got your own hopes up.

*NOTE* this review has mild fanboy symptoms

Entertainment Value - 5/5

Movie - 5/5

No comments: