Sunday, June 8, 2008

Shelter (LIMITED RELEASE)

I've been dreading this review. It's so tough to review a film from this genre. See, this is a gay film. It has a specific audience in mind. Offended by homosexual stuffs? Then don't see it, read this review or anything else.

With that said the film is about two friends, both surfers and the one is gay. The other has a girlfriend but he starts to have more than friendly feelings for his longtime friend.

The problem is that it follows every cliche, every bland plot line possible. The only appeal would be the guys and even that can be ruined by the halfhearted performances.

There is actually a scene where the one calls the other from across the way and you can figure the rest out. Just silly shit like that. I can't even believe I watched the first half in the theater (it was playing before my Postal screening a few months back). I don't recommend this one at all but my gay friend loved it so take that for what it is I guess...

Entertainment Value - 1/5

Movie - 1.5 / 5

No comments: