Friday, June 27, 2008

Wall-E

I am Disney's bitch. I will see any animated film they put out. However I either love it or hate it when it comes to Pixar films. This one looked cute but the plot seemed a bit vague in the trailers.

So off I went to see it opening day. I even dragged a friend along who never heard of the film as he just got back from Budapest. But that isn't important. What's important is Wall-E.

I love Wall-e. I have never felt so emotionally attached to an animated robot before. There was at least two points in the film where I was near tears for the cute little bugger and I'm okay with saying that.

The film easily pulls at your heart as it introduces the most lovable little guy. He doesn't even talk, he makes clicks and beeps and it's some how conveys emotion. The children around me were mesmerized by this character.

As soon as Eve shows up you just feel this connection. But for petes sake they are animated robots with broken dialog. But still we care and as our adventure unfolds it becomes a social commentary. One that's in your face but not offensive and perhaps it's because it is true.

All in all Wall-e surpasses every expectation I could have had for it. It's amazing to look at the ruined Earth, the story works.

To top it off we get a short before the film called Presto which was hysterical and had me laughing my ass off. It was charming, funny and cute and I won't ruin it for you.

Wall-e is the bets kids film this year, it's a must see and it's easily in my top 5 of 2008 thus far.

Entertainment Value - 5/5

Movie - 5/5

No comments: