Monday, June 2, 2008

Postal

I love Uwe Boll films. They are masterpieces of bad and I love putting one in and watching some braincells die. I actually saw this a few months back at a screening in New York where Boll was present but I felt it wasn't right to review it until now.

This film generated a lot of grumbling, Boll wanted to take down Indy and he hates all of America it seems. But that's okay because god dammit Postal is the funniest film I have seen all year.

And not in the typical Boll way either. Fans of the game will catch a lot of references and anyone who knows anything about Boll will laugh at his cameo. I have never seen a film where someone in the audience snorted from laughing. Hell, the old lady with a walker behind me couldn't help but laugh at times.

Sure, the film won't make you smarter, feel warm and fuzzy but it vents everything you wish you could do. My favorite scene involves the welfare lady on the sidewalk. Oh how many times I have wished such a thing could legally happen.

Entertainment Value - 5/5

Movie - 4.5/ 5

No comments: