Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Miss Pettigrew Lives for a Day

I believe Miss Pettigrew is the only film this year that I had a hard time getting to see. I couldn't access it by my normal means or convince anyone to hit the theater for it. Thankfully I did before it leaves this week.

This is a total chick flick. Most guys won't like it. However, I found it very enjoyable and it's easily one of the top 5 films so far this year but I guess that isn't saying a whole lot.

The acting is top notch and Amy Adams bears a little skin and remains overly cheery and fun. The entire cast does a fantastic job and the film just flew by.

Miss Pettigrew is a woman down on her luck. She ends up stealing a job of sorts but instead of being a nanny she becomes a young slutty socialites secretary of sorts. The entire film takes place in one day and it's believe and just fun.

I don't know what else to say. Just one of those feel good movies that actually is good. It's a very rare thing for me to be recommending any films this year so go support these smaller films because they seem to be the only thing worth seeing any more.

Entertainment Value - 4/5

Movie - 4 1/2 / 5

No comments: