Sunday, March 2, 2008

The other Boleyn Girl



I'll be honest and admit I don't know a lot about the Boleyn story. From what I can gather is this film took some liberties and altered some things. What exactly I'm not sure about.

Either way i can finally say this is the second worth while film to be released this year and considering it's already March we know it's just going to get worse because I have a few comedy reviews to write up as well.

The costumes in this period film are fantastic. Some of the king's wardrobe is amazing and most of the girls outfits are grand as well, excluding this weird Asian looking thing early on.

The thing that really did it for me though were the performances. Eric Bana fills the screen with the presence of what I think a king would be like. He comes off as arrogant and powerful. Both women also provide solid performances and Portman plays the most unlikeable character I've seen in a while.

I highly recommend this film to anyone who enjoys a period piece drama. if you're a teenage girl then please don't see this as you made my viewing almost unbearable with your giggling over incest.

Entertainment Value - 3/5

Movie - ****/ 5

No comments: