Thursday, March 20, 2008

Never Back Down

I can't sit here and lie to you. Something about this film entertained me. Maybe it's because it has some sort of heart hidden away behind the pop culture music and other silly teen related crap.

Sure the plot is unoriginal. A kid moves to a new town, someone beats the shit out of him and then he decides it's time to fight back but perhaps honor takes more of a front seat for the grand finale which was kind of nice I guess.

Imagine if Fight Club and Karate Kid had a baby and you woul get this film. It isn't exactly offense as say The Covenant with it's crap but it isn't very good either. It borders the fine line of cheese and frankly I was entertained. However I can't recommend this because really, it isn't all that good and the fighting while decent isn't enough to hold this together than some cheese...

Entertainment Value - 3.5/5

Movie - **/ 5

No comments: