Saturday, March 22, 2008

Shutter

I actually saw Shutter yesterday. It was a huge personal debate because it was Good Friday and with no school and this being a PG-13 horror flick I figured it would be swamped with the devil spawn. However they were busy driving like fucking idiots so I figured it would be safer for me to see the film than be on the road.

This is also one of the few times where I haven't seen the original before the remake and while I still want to see the original, I won't go out of my way to do so.

The film started innocent enough. Couple gets married, move to Japan where the wife claims they hit someone but no body can be found. They start seeing images and shapes in their pictures. This girl is haunting them.

I won't go on as I don't want to spoil anything but let me tell you, if you've seen the trailer you know more of the plot than I just told you. And as the theme of the year continues the big final twist is revealed in the trailer so YAY....

The cast kind of shuffles their way through this mess of a film. I'm not sure what they were going for either. The scares are to few but are good when they do happen. The plot has no substance and then tries to deliver a message with it's ending.

Actually, the ending left me feeling ill to my stomach as it went somewhere it didn't need to go and it makes you hate some stuffs and just ruined the 80 minutes before itself. You may twist but not twist and make you hate everything you've just seen.

While not as bad as Pulse it 's very close to that suckage. I recommend to avoid this film and if you ened a fix of Joshua Jackson go rent Urban Legend.

Entertainment Value - 1/5

Movie - 1/2 /5

No comments: