Sunday, January 25, 2009

The Boy in the Stripped Pajamas

This actually hit my theater but I missed it. Glad I did because I didn't care for it at all. I made a mark of seeing the film when Entertainment Weekly had it in their bottom 10 of 2008 and I thought that was od ebcause I remember hearing good things about it.

Frankly the film moves at a snails pace. For a concentration camp it seemed pretty light and the folks could go up to the fence and be out of sight for a while which seems odd.

Maybe I missed something at the end but the entire finale (which ends way to abruptly) felt tacked on at the last minute. There was no reason to do what they do and then it's clear once it happens what the true ending will be but then boom, black and the credits roll.

I'd say pass on this one. If you want a WW2 film go see The Reader, it was much better.

movie - 1/5

No comments: