Wednesday, January 14, 2009

The Reader (Limited Release)

I remember seeing the trailer for The Reader a few months ago and couldn't wait until I could watch it. It's another of those Oscar rush films but it seems many critics dislike it because they don't get the "message" of the film. I won't go into details because they are spoilers.

The film involves a 15 year old boy who falls for a woman and they have sex but only when he reads to her before hand. It then jumps 5 years and he's in college. I don't want to go further because again it might spoil something.

This films easily falls into my top 5 of 2008. The acting from Kate Winslet is down right amazing. The look in her eyes in each scene is just amazing. Plus if you're a fan of nudity Kate shows her body for the first hour and if you're a gal the young lead prances about nude a lot as well.

I highly recommend this film. if it's playing near you then take the time to see it because it's worth it.

Entertainment Value - 4/5

Movie - 5/5

No comments: