Friday, September 5, 2008

Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants 2

I really enjoyed the original pants film. I liked it enough to go out and buy the four books and loved each for what they were.

I never thought we would get a sequel as the original film flopped and then I was distressed when I heard they were combining three books into one film.

It's actually hit or miss, more miss than I would really prefer but it works well enough. Some sub-plots are dropped or changed. Some happen and end so quickly I had no clue what was happening and due to this the entire final act of the film feels out of place.

Even the acting seems a bit off. i know these girls are good 9see the first film) but they just aren't into it at all. Besides America and the blond chick the rest of the cast is dead right now and blond chick is terrible this time around. Not only that but America walks through her role, the acting in the play is painful and unreal, so much so i couldn't help but question how she even won the role as she comes off as hammy.

I can't say I really enjoyed the film. It's okay for what it is but it loses the heart of the novels and it loses what the original film had going on.

Entertainment Value - 2.5 /5

Movie - 2.5 /5

No comments: