Sunday, February 3, 2008

Cassandra's Dream (Bonus Review)



I won't sit here and lie to you and say I'm a big Woody Allen fan. I've only seen his more recent stuff and Annie Hall but I've liked all of his movies except one. That is until now of course because I just suffered through a hour and 45 minutes of boredom with Cassandra's Dream.

The film follows two brothers who all have their own quirks and problems. Be it women, gambling, money or all three. It really doesn't matter but they end up getting into all kinds of trouble and stumble through life like that. And that is why you're watching this.

Colin Farrel can't act to save his life (for proof please see Alexander, wait please don't do that because they may find you tomorrow in the closet with a noose around your neck). I can't entirely blame this sob for this though because the script itself is rather weak and Allen's witty dialog is nowhere to be seen in this film.

You know your movie sucks when you're a well known director with a decent cast and your movie only hits New York and L.A. I'd say pass on this bad boy in all formats.

Entertainment Value - 1/2 / 5

Movie - / 5

No comments: