Thursday, February 21, 2008

Hannah Montana/Miley Cyrus: Best of Both Worlds Concert Tour (Bonus Review)

I'm not a Hannah Montana fan. To be honest I've seen 2 minutes of an episode of the tv show and hated it. I do however find the song "GNO" to eb highly entertaining.

I actually felt guilty for not viewing this in the theater as some are calling it a movie. Well I broke down and paid the horrid $15 to watch a 76 minute concert/documentary.

A few things stick out for me during the viewing of this. The 3D is only used in a limited capacity and if it hits dvd then I doubt much will be lost in the translation to a normal viewing.

Second the songs were rather catchy but I did enjoy the Jonas Brothers songs more than the girl's songs.

However a few other things came to mind. If Miley really writes these songs then more power to her but sometimes I doubt it. Not only that but why does Miley dress like a whore and Hannah dresses like a normal girl. We even get panty shots near the end of the concert of Miley.

But let's ignore that. girl will love this concerts and guys will feel castrated. But I had a few problems with it as a whole though. See, the sound is rather terrible for this concert. The first 2 or 3 songs have such strong bass and instruments that the lyrics can be barely heard. A minor flaw but when I'm wishing for subtitles you know it's bad.

Secondly I have to say that Kenny Ortega wil soon rule the world. This man is a genius when it comes to knowing simple, cheesy and fun moves to get kids attention. Sure it isn't as good as say Step Up 2's dance moves but this is the same guy who brought us High School Musical 1 and 2 and while laughably cheesy the moves are entertaining. For an overweight gay man he sure can move in the practices...

Anyway, it isn't worth the theatrical price but if it hits dvd then check it out, your daughters, wife or phedo husband may really enjoy it.

Entertainment Value - 3/5

Movie - *** 1/2 / 5

No comments: