Friday, February 1, 2008

Strange Wilderness



I actually thought the trailer for this didn't look all that good but Steve Zahn is one of my favorites, this has a good cast and it involves a hunt for Bigfoot so how could I not check it out.

To be honest the film heavily reminds me of spoofs like Meet the Spartans and Date Movie. It's full of jokes and they just seem like a random mess. A lot of dues ex machina is used to move the plot along and it's really annoying.

For instance the team runs out of money, have no way of making it to the woods and yet due to someone getting a ugh problem from a turkey whose worth 5k they then get money. It's just stupid stuff like that.

Plot is rather simple as well. Their tv show is destined to be canceled so they head out to find Bigfoot which they believe a man is selling a map to it's lair. It becomes rather random at times with shark attacks, cannibals and piranhas.

It's a shame that so much talent is wasted on this movie but let me tell you what the target audience is. Everyone I've talked to that actually wants to see this find the shark part of the trailer hysterical. I found it lame. However in the film it keeps looping about 5 times and I felt like I had to laugh (which I did).

Actually I laughed a lot in the film but I'm not going to sit here and tell you it's worth your money. The film is so stupid that it's funny. I would have much rather seen this at home than have wasted my time with it in the theater.

This also continues a trend this eyar of short films. This one is barely 80 minutes long and it's release partner, Over Her Dead Body is even shorter than that. I must also say that this film is further proof of why I'm glad the writers are on strike because I'm sick of shit like this being released.

But still I laughed so I can't say to completely avoid it but I say pass on a theatrical experience and see it at home while drunk or something because that might make the film make some sort of sense.

Entertainment Vlue - ** 1/2/ 5

Movie - 1/2 / 5

No comments: