Friday, February 15, 2008

Definitely, Maybe



I actually really wanted to see Definitely, Maybe. I enjoy Ryan Reynolds and Abigail Breslin (Little Miss Sunshine) which was a added bonus. Plus I'm a sucker for a story like this.

The plot is simple enough. His daughter wants to know who her mother is so Will decides to tell her about 3 different woman he met, fell in love with and proposed to. But which is the girls mother? Well, I can't tell you because then it would ruin the entire movie.

Problem is, it's told in such a dry manner that it's a bore. For a rom com I expect to laugh and I didn't, not once. It just wasn't funny and I'm not sure if it was even trying to be. The woman aren't even interesting and the plot development is slow and dull.

I'm out of words for this film because it's just so meh. You could do much better for a rom com, but this is perhaps the worst of the year so far and that sucks because I really wanted to see it.

Entertainment Value - 1.5/ 5

Movie - * 1/5 / 5

No comments: