Friday, January 18, 2008

Charlie Wilson's War (Bonus Review)



I didn't really want to see this one. I love Tom Hanks and all but the plot didn't interest me. However my schooling was full of ignorance so I actually knew nothing of this story so it was at least worth my time in that way.

Based on a true story about a man who helps the Middle East get there hands on weapons, all happening with America's own money. I had no idea about this time in history but I was a very small child at the time this all took place.

The film has an all star cast with Tom hanks and Julia Roberts leading the way and Philip Seymour Hoffman providing a fantastic supporting performance. Not only that but we have a fine cast of young ladies playing the role of Mr. Wilson's aids.

But despite all of that I wasn't exactly entertained by the movie. Don't get me wrong it's a fine enough film but it just didn't click with me. But maybe it's because I was expecting a little more from the guy who gave us Closer.

I'm going to recommend passing this one up in the theater and catching it on video. It's fairly short for a drama and it just isn't entertaining enough to worth the ticket price.

Entertainment Value - **/5

Film - ***1/2 / 5

No comments: