Friday, January 18, 2008

Juno (Bonus Review)



Juno was most my anticipated film of 2007 but my theater was slacking and didn't get it until early January 2008. This was my second film of 2008 and it truly made up for that Dungeon Siege film.

I'm sure everyone knows the story of Juno but in case you don't, it's about a 16 year old girl who gets pregnant and decides to give the baby up for adoption. Her friend helps her find a couple in the Penny Saver (the local want ads) and she likes them enough to go through with it.

That's the basic outline and while some may find the movie predictable it really doesn't matter. Juno is about it's dialog. With a sleek repertoire of Valley Girl slang, we get perhaps the most refreshing script in a long time. The jokes come full force and they really hold nothing back. And it isn't vulgar jokes like you find in American Pie but just witty dialog paths and phrases that make this a worth while viewing.

The film also features a very pleasing soundtrack. Not since Snakes on a Plane have I wanted to go out and buy the soundtrack immediately. It just adds so much to the film and every song fits each moment it's used for.

Juno is easily one of my top 5 films from 2007 and it's a great addition to my 2008 line up. This film comes highly recommended.

Entertainment Value - ****/5

Film: /5

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I saw Juno at the end of 2007. I also thought it was fantastic. ^__^