Wednesday, January 30, 2008

How She Move



How She Move came out of nowhere for me. I didn't see it on any of my normal movie sites and to be honest it's an urban dance movie so my interest would have been very low anyway.

Story follows an African American girl who has to go back to the slums of regular school after her sister OD's. She learns how to street dance to fit in. blah blah blah.

The fact that critics seemed to like this films means I can no longer trust a single critic who liked this film. I've seen better dance steps on Youtube videos which is actually kind of sad.

Not only that but the writing is horrendous. The dialog doesn't flow well and is actually painful at times.

If I wanted to watch a dance flick I'd go back to the 1980's because these new urban hip-hop dance films are terrible and this is yet another run of the mill film with a tired premise.

No comments: