Friday, January 18, 2008

First Sunday



I'll admit it, I thought the preview for this film was actually funny but then I saw it and so far this is easily the worst film I've seen in 2008 in the theater.

Besides the first two Friday films and most Tyler Perry films I really don't care for the comedies aimed at the African American audiences. But they weren't even laughing at this film. I believe I may have chuckled once at some queer line by the now required homosexual character in every comedy.

The plot is simple. Two guys need some money so they decide to rob a church but then they run into a load of issues with whiny annoying religious types. Not only does 99.9% of the jokes fall flat but the characters aren't even likable.

To add an insult to my mind numbing experience I had to suffer through what one may call acting which is done by Tracy Morgan. He wasn't funny on Saturday Night Live and he sure as hell wasn't funny in this film. Hell, half the time he's starring directly into the camera. What the hell!

Save your money because you're not missing anything here. One of the worst films of 2008 and judging by the previews I saw today it won't be the last of them.

Entertainment Value - */ 5

Film - */ 5

No comments: