Monday, January 28, 2008

Untraceable



I really wanted to see Untraceable. I was having a shitty week and I just needed to see some people killed in a sadistic way. Sadly between the previews and the entire lackluster factor of the film I was left kind of empty by the end of the film.

Someone is running a site called "Watch Me Kill". He has a person hooked to a machine that will slowly kill him but they will die faster by the amount of people watching. Diane Lane plays an fbi agent who stumbles onto the site when it's only a kitten and it quickly becomes personal.

The plot is interesting but a few factors really destroy it for me. First off we see the killer very early so there is no mystery of who he is, just his reasons are a mystery so there is no real who done it because you the viewer can't figure out his story.

Next up we have the previews which show almost the entire movie except a certain plot twist that was painfully predictable. In the next breath we also have a rather bad script because the dialog is so contrived at times just so it can set up something later. it was actually painful at a certain point because it ruined, for me anyway, the films one and only twist.

Don't let me stop you from seeing this film as it has some decent deaths but I'd recommend a rental over a theatrical experience but it really isn't anything that's worthwhile.

Entertainment Value - ***/ 5

Film - ** 1/2 / 5

No comments: