Friday, January 18, 2008

In The Name of The King: A Dungeon Siege Tale



Starting the year off with a bang. I love Uwe Boll. There's no real reason but I've seen all of his films on opening day so I knew I wanted to start the year off with this film.

It's actually kind of amusing but I was actually bored at first with this film. It was bland visually and the dialog was just as bad. The poor acting wasn't helping either.

People always wonder why big name actors like Jason Statham, Ron Pearlman and Leelee Sobieski (anyone remember when she had a promising career and then she did The Wickerman remake). The reason that these actors do Boll's films is because it allows them to just ham it up. I'm sure it must get boring being serious all the time so why not let it out and just ham it up.

With that being said though I must admit I think this is Bolls best film yet. It doesn't have the cheesy gun fights of House of the Dead or the naked vampire sex of Bloodrayne but what it does have is some decent fight scenes that aren't quiet epic but really fun. The elves of the forst added great amusement.

Sadly the people in the theater weren't finding the movie as amusing as I was. The script is laughable and in more ways than one. But that's okay because after the first half hour this turns into a weak version of Lord of the Rings. A race to save a loved one instead of a race to throw a ring into a volcano.

No matter how much I enjoyed the film I can't sit here and lie to you and say it's a good film. It's not and I doubt if Uwe Boll will ever create a good film. His films are purely egotistical and that's okay because I know his films will bring me a great amount of amusement and it's always for the wrong reasons but I think that is why he does these film.

All I can say is bring on Seed! It's the second of three Boll films to be released this year.

Entertainment factor: ****/5

Movie: /5

No comments: