Monday, August 25, 2008

Death Race

You can't help but love a Statham action flick. Well, I hated Crank but whatever. He's this total English badass and his films almost always have zero plot and tons of slick action.

The problem with Death Race is it attempts a plot and fails at every chance to surprise the viewer. I saw every twist coming and wasn't surprised by anything the film through at me.

What makes it worse is that while the racing is interesting, Speed racer did it much better this year. I was never on the edge of my seat with these races and to be honest there are thee whole races and none are very long.

What started this year with Doomsday, took a light heartened turn in Speed racer and now at a full 360 we have Death Race and it's a steady decline along the way. It's a shame too because this could have been very entertaining but it just msises the mark.

Entertainment value - 2/5

Movie - 2/5

No comments: