Tuesday, August 26, 2008

My Sassy Girl (Bonus Review)

I love the original film. It's a total tear jerker with the cliff scene. I was torn when I heard this was being remade so here we are with it going direct to video, which is never a good thing.

The problem is that this film doesn't work here in the States. Plain and simple truth really. The female lead comes off as apeshit crazy rather than damaged goods. The lead is a total pansy this time, and the acting makes it almost painful.

Gone is the pure charm of the original film and while this one is still moderately funny, it isn't nearly as good as the original source material, yet it copies almost everything.

The original used a fun idea of the female lead writing crazy off the wall stories. in this she re-writes "classic" films. It's amusing but the acting is so bad (on purpose I hope).

I'm torn on even letting my co-worker borrow this as it kind of taints the original and the quirkyness comes off all wrong in this. Fans should avoid it but if the trailer amuses you then check it out and then see the original Korean version.

Entertainment Value - 2/5

Movie - 2/5

No comments: