Saturday, August 2, 2008

The Mummy: Tomb of the Dragon Emperor

This movie looked like ass from the previous. It seemed to have jumped 15 or so years into the future and has a cast change. Plus Fraiser isn't as fit as he once was and looks a bit silly. Oh and did I mention this has an Asian twist to it because The Mummy is like so Asian.

Anyway, beside the silly shit, this film was really kind of fun. I wouldn't say better than the first but it's over the top fun, a decent way to start off August that's for sure. The action is solid and despite the Yeti scene being out of palce it's pretty damn badass.

The cast does a fine enough job. Running the fine line of camp and bad but never crossing it. I would actually buy this movie. there I said it. I'd buy a shiny bluray disc of this film because it's enjoyable and god I can't believe I'm saying that. So give it a viewing in your local theater unless you have a kickass home theater.

Entertainment Value - 4/5

Movie - 3.5/5

No comments: