Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Shine A Light

This is perhaps my biggest let down of 2008 thus far. First it never came anywhere near em in the theater. I wasn't too surprised by this since it's a music documentary but hey, Hannah Montana stuck around for almost 2 months.

Then when I finally did see the movie I was bored to tears. I'm not a fan of the Rolling Stones but I'm not a Hannah monatan fan either and enjoyed that concert for what it was worth.

There's this odd moment early on involving the Clintons which felt tacked on. Come on Matry, love ya and all but seriously, was that needed? Anyway, it's one of the more boring docs I've ever seen and while I'm a fan of Marty's The last Waltz this felt too less than professional for it's own good. At times the film is grainy and the footage of Marty seems hyper active.

Maybe fans of the band will get more from it but Keith Richards scares me and the odd homoerotic dance moves during a song near the end kind of frightened me as well. I really don't need to see a 70 year old thrust his groins at me.

Entertainment Value - 2/5

nmovie - 1/5

No comments: