Sunday, August 10, 2008

Pineapple Express

I'm not a drug user. I tend to find pot films unfunny. I had faith in this one though as it has my beloved team (Knocked Up, Superbad) behind it so it couldn't be horrible, right?

Well, if I judged the film by the first half hour I'd say it was one of the lamest movies this year but then once they enter the woods and then the apartment fight happens the films does a 180 and becomes pretty good.

The characters are likable, to an extent and the gags are pretty damn funny as it goes along. What makes the film even better is that the action is pretty good. Even the hand to hand fighting is good because it isn't super awesome kung fu but something that a lame ass stoner would really try and pull off.

Not the funniest film of the year or funniest from the team, it's actually the weakest, but it's still a pretty good film. Worth a viewing at least once.

entertainment value - 3/5

Movie - 3/5

No comments: