Friday, August 15, 2008

Under the Same Moon

This looked like one of those tear jerker films from the previews. Well, it kind of is but the film is flawed. The review for this is so late because it was a limited release and despite being in NY and LA when it was showing I didn't bother with it.

I'm glad I didn't, not because it's a bad film, but because the film feels unrealistic. it constantly creates unbelievable scenarios to put our little boy in trouble, it constantly fells wrong and actually, this film really reminds me of the film August Rush from last year but with more bad things happening to the lad.

The acting is all around fine. I found the subtitles funny on the dvd. It's a mostly Spanish film but the subs always say (spanish) when they are speaking spanish and translates the English as just normal subs... Maybe I ahd the wrong option selected but I found that funny anyway.

Again, it's not a bad film at all but it's a bit uninspired and too many scenes feel untrue to what would really happen. Might be worth a rent but I'm not giving it a full recommendation.

entertainment value - 2/5

movie - 2.5 / 5

No comments: