Monday, August 25, 2008

Little Mermaid 3: Ariel's Begining (advance bonus review)

I'm a huge Disney fan, some may already know that. However I will agree that most, if not all, straight to video Disney films are crap. The second Ltitle Mermaid film wasn't too bad but come on, the prequels rarely work.

Well, this one is a little hit or miss. I liked hearing Ariel's backstory, while not all that inetresting it does show why Urs is such a bad woman in the first movie and explain s the king's attitude fairly well.

I doubt any animated musical about a mermaid can have songs as good as those in the original and these enw songs feel halfassed through and through. Most are short and while none are ear bleeding, they aren't all that good either and in no way stack up to those in the original.

The films saving grace is the nice animation. It's crisp and clean and all around looks great and for a direct to video film from Disney it's one of the better looking ones. While I won't run out and buy this day one, I will add it to my Disney collection at some point.

Entertainment Value - 2/5

Movie - 2.5 /5

No comments: