Saturday, December 6, 2008

Australia

The original trailer for this made it look a bit iffy and really it never grasped me as a true Oscar contender but then the buzz hit the net so I figured, hey it might be good.

That's when the normal reviews came out and it seemed split down the middle. Many disliked the film while others thought it was okay.

I guess it's an okay film. I've seen better and it's obvious that it is trying to be a classic like Casablanca but it just doesn't deliver. It's from from a great epic and to be honest the film tends to drag more than anything else.

The main cast does an excellent job though and almost make the film worth watching. The flaw in acting though is the terrible acting from the kid. Seriously, it's bad. Either way though I can't recommend the film. A maybe for video rental but not worth the 3 hours you'll spend in the theater with this one.

Entertainment value - 1/5

movie - 2.5 /5

No comments: