Friday, December 26, 2008

Revolutionary Road

This was yet another hyped film for 2008 so I couldn't wait to see it, despite boring trailers. Well, to be fair the first part of the film is rather bland.

Perhaps that's harsh, the first part is beautiful to look at but the development is slow and at times tedious. It requires too much from the viewer without giving them anything to really think about.

Then comes the second half of the way where's it an emotional rollercoaster. One that had me on the edge of my seat, craving the conflict the anger, everything that was pouring out of the characters and the actors bring it to life with such ferocity that one can't help but think that Leo should already have the Oscar on his mantle.

So despite a lackluster beginning, the finale of the film is worth the price of admission. I highly recommend this one and if it isn't in my top 10 of 2008, it'll be damn close to it.

Entertainment Value - 3/5

Movie - 4.5/ 5

No comments: