Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Yes Man

I like Jim but he hasn't really done anything worth while in a long time. Not even his serious stuff has been good and now that I think about it, Truman Show might be his last good film.

Most people think of Yes Man as Liar Liar 2 and at first glance I guess it is but once you get a bit further into the movie he's doing it all for a selfish reason.

The idea is that by saying yes to everything you ultimately get great deals from fate. Be it a new girlfriend, better job ect but we all know the true story of the film is that it's always nice to say yes but it isn't always the correct answer.

Here's a funny story for you guys. I work in the medical field so I constantly joke with my female co-workers that one of them should call off one day and say they have ganaria. Oddly enough when the main character meets his ex-wife (early in the film), he wants to leave the bar so his excuse is "I have ganaria". Which I found way too funny and I will now force all co-workers to see this movie for that line (or at least watch it via other means...)

Either way, Yes Man is an okay movie. It breaks no new ground, does nothing special or new and could pass for Liar Liar 2, which brings up the question of how desperate Jimmy boy is to actually pick this script and not realize he already did something similar to it already. rental perhaps but not a theatrical viewing.

Entertainment Value - 3/5

Movie - 2.5 /5

No comments: