Tuesday, December 30, 2008

The Curious Case Of Benjamin Button

This was my #1 most wanted film for the end of the year. It was hyped to no end and while critics loved it, fellow movie goes seemed to have been bored by it.

I can't say that I was bored. But it does have some things in common with Forest Gump and I think that is why some find it boring. It's about a child who is born as an old man and goes into an adult but his aging is reversed.

Ultimately the film runs it's course (about 3 hours). The first half is the old version and the other half is the younger version. In between the story is read by a young girl who is with her mother during a hurricane.

The only problem I had was the ending which really makes little sense but that's okay because it's a beautiful film to watch, the acting is solid and it's an inetresting story. Sure it doesn't give us anything new outside of the gimmick of the age thing but it's a solid film and while not my favorite film of 2008, it might be in the top 10 of 2008.

Entertainment Value - 2.5 /5

Movie - 4/5

No comments: