Tuesday, December 9, 2008

The Changeling

I'm a huge hater of Eastwood. I find him to be a complete asshole but whatever. I still wanted to see The Changeling and the only promising thing about it was that he wasn't going to be in it at least.

Call me surprised but this is easily one of the best films of 2008. It's solid all around from the set designs, to the great acting, even from the kids (the one comes off as rather coldhearted) and Angelina does a great job, so much so that you really can't argue if she can or can't act.

A woman's son goes missing, the police don't believe her and then they find her son except she doesn't think it's her son. It provides an interesting story, one that is supposedly based in fact but one I've never heard of or even after watching this taken the time to see how fact based the original story is.

Either way I highly recommend this film. My local skanky theater got it so while it's a limited release I'm sure most will get it as it's a shoe in for best picture at the Oscars.

Entertainment Value - 4/5

Movie - 5/5

No comments: