Sunday, December 28, 2008

Valkyrie

My dislike of Tom Cruise is obvious if you know me. But I won't let such a thing ruin a good movie. Question is, is this a good movie?

Without a doubt it's a finely made film. The cinematography is top notch and hell, I'll admit it, even the acting is good all around. Even Cruise.

The thing is, the story wasn't all that compelling and maybe that's the problem with 2008. It's been a hit or miss year and frankly, most of the stories really haven't been worth telling.

It's a decent film, worth a viewing but the story itself did nothing for me. I've seen this same type of movie time and time again and it doesn't go above and beyond what has already been made. But still it's a pretty good film despite that.

Entertainment value - 3/5

movie - 4/5

No comments: